The Sonel KT-Series Thermal Imagers are budget-friendly yet offer highly accurate temperature measurements. Robustly designed and constructed they are ideally suited for:
- troubleshooting electrical installations, wiring, panels, motors, breakers, transformers, switchgear, and electrical equipment,
- monitoring the thermal performance of industrial manufacturing processes,
- identifying overheating of mechanical and electro-mechanical components,
- inspecting buildings for insulation leaks, energy audits, HVAC/R equipment, water damage, and pests,
- locating hidden heat sources (of people, animals, objects) in dark / low-light conditions.
The user-friendly design, low weight, and intuitive handling make Sonel thermal cameras a pleasure to use. Experienced or new users needing a professional diagnostic tool will ﬁnd the menus easy to navigate without training thanks to simple menus presented on a large touchscreen that can be rotated into any convenient angle for viewing. The rotating touchscreen, plus a lens that can swivel up and down, allows users to get measurements in areas that are not easily accessible or that would otherwise be awkward to view with a hand-held pistol-grip type camera.
KEY TECHNICAL FEATURES
- 5’’ wide color touchscreen with no image cropping, adjustable viewing angle in all 3 axes
- High resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Temperature measurement to 1472°F or (optionally) 3632°F
- Record still images, or videos
- Store images or videos to SD card or PC
- Choice of image: IR, visible, picture-in-picture, and MIF
- Choice of color palette
- Adjust emissivity, set isotherms, and alarms.
- Removable Li-Ion battery with 4 hour working time
- High brightness display gives detailed information in high ambient light or outdoors
- 5 Mpix visual camera
- GPS, digital compass, LED flashlight, and laser pointer built-in
REPORTING AND COMMUNICATION FEATURES
- MicroUSB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, Gigabit Ethernet, SD slot for data transmission
- ThermoAnalyze2 Software avaialble for saving images to PC and for editing
- Reports module for performing complete thermal analysis in the camera
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Report Generator sends pdfs via email directly from the camera - no PC needed
- Annotate images with voice message, or text, add markers to highlight areas of concern
- Technical specification
Technical specification KT-650: Detector type 640 x 480 Spectral range 8~14 μm Thermal sensitivity 40 mK Lens (FOV /focal length)
24.6° x 18.5°/25 mm
45.4° x 34.9°/13 mm
11.3° x 8.5°/55 mm
7.3° x 5.5°/85 mm
Display 5", 1280 x 720, HQ touch LCD Viewfinder 1280 x 960 LCOS Picture type IR / Visual / Infrafusion MIF / PiP "Picture in picture" Zoom 1x to 4x Temperature range Range 1: -4°F to 302°F / -20°C to 150°C
Range 2: 302°F to 1472°F / 150°C to 800°C
Optional: up to 3632°F / 2000°C
Accuracy (Ambient: 10℃-35℃) ±2℃ or ±2% of reading Picture analysis
8 points, 8 lines, 8 polygons.
Temperature display: min, max, avg.
Isotherm. Dew point. Temperature Alarm
Palette 8 Emissivity Adjustable from 0.01 to 1.00 or choice of material list Measurement correction Adjustable: distance, relative humidity, ambient temperature File format JPG Notes to pictures Voice note (up to 60 s), text, graphical Reports module Reports to PDF, printing via Wi-Fi directly from the imager Video file format AVI, IRV (with temperature info) Built-in functions Visual camera 5 MPix, LED flashlight, GPS, laser pointer, microphon, loudspeaker, digital compass, light sensor Wireless communication Wi-Fi Interface SD card, LAN 1 Gb/s, mini HDMI, microUSB 2.0 Power Li-Ion battery (work time >4 hours), built-in charger, AC adapter 110-230 V, 50/60 Hz Work temperature 5°F to 122°F / -15°C to 50°C Storage temperature -40°F to 158°F / -40°C to 70°C Humidity 10% to 95% Shock / vibration 25G, IEC 60068-2-29 / 2G, IEC 60068-2-6 Casing IP54 Weight ca. 2.9 lbs / 1.3 kg (with battery)